Friday, January 4, 2008

Remembering Oma


I made this dress form using some of the jewelry my precious Oma (danish for Grandma) left to me when she passed away. The pieces are so lovely and I've always kept them wrapped up tight in a box in my armoire, my secret treasures. But, I got to thinking how wonderful it would be to have some of those heirlooms out in the open, for me to look at and remember my Oma, the lady who smelled like Oil of Olay and peppermint and who said "uffda" instead of oops. She was such a riot, Florence was. A dear, sweet lady who loved me unconditionally. So, this is a homage to her.......Florence Hanson aka "Oma".






1 comment:

Sweet Necessi-Teas said...

What a special lady she must have been for you to honor her so. My grandmother (Bigmama--she was only 5' tall!) was like that also...I wish all were so blessed as we!

Welcome to MMP forum...
Hugs, Karen