Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Nouveau Vie

I have been researching for years now to find out all I can about opening and running my own shop/boutique. I've written and re-written the business plan about a million times.......and I've always stopped right there. I've never tried to acquire investors.....hek, I don't even talk about it with my family. It seems it's always been that impossible dream. The one you always tell yourself can never come true, but you just can't let go anyway. I've been working on my negative thoughts and I really do believe that what you put into the world comes back to you. Everytime I catch myself in a negative thought, I correct.....spend ten minutes correcting it, lol.

Anyhoo, I've been struggling with the name forever. Tonight, I came up with Nouveau Vie. It means "new life" in french. I thought it appropriate, considering that's what it would be for me if it ever happened, and I'd be giving vintage things new life. WHat do you think? Does anyone else have it? It seems too easy, so I'm hoping I haven't stolen anyone's name! If I have, I apologize right now! I googled it and no compnaies came up, so I figured I was safe.

What do you think of the graphic? It's just something I played around with tonight. Tomorrow I will be having lunch with my aunt, who just happens to own a boutique (a metaphysical one) so that I can really talk to her about what the first step I should take is. I feel as if I don't get off of my booty, it'll never happen....but, boy, am I nervous.





3 comments:

sherri said...

I LOVE the name - It's unique, and it's absolutely perfect for you and your beautiful dreams leading to your beautiful business. I have never heard of it before as a business, so I think you are safe. New Life - because you are giving your dreams new life, I LOVE that!

Never let go of your thoughts, wishes, hopes and dreams - they are only for you to build on - they are never a stumbling block in front of you. Always push through the door of fear - you can do it! I believe in you - we all must make our mark in this world, and be dreamers along the way.
The Banner/Photo/Graphic you made is gorgeous. Believe in yourself honey because you have what it takes! You are so very talented!
xoxo Sherri

Unknown said...

I LOVE the name and the graphic! It is great. I completely understand all your fears! I have had the same ones. I have wanted a shop for as long as I can remember, but never knew how I would start it, where I would get the capital from etc. I am really, really happy with the situation I am in now, where I rent a room in old house that is full of other merchants like me who want a shop but can't commit to the time or money it takes to open a solo one. I started out in a tiny room and now I have moved up into a bigger one - someday I might even take over an even larger one, or maybe someday I will move out and start my own...who knows! But I cannot wait to see what you find out and where you head with all this! Keep me posted! BTW - are you watching GG right now??? lol!

Valerie Jones said...

I love the name! I wish you the best! I've had the dream most of my life to open up a shop/studio but haven't had the know-how or funds either. I like the graphic you put together also! Keep us posted!