Monday, January 7, 2008

Quotes: The Color of My Mind

"I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas: they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind."
Emily Bronte, Catherine in Wuthering Heights (1847) (p120 in the Penguin 1995 edition)

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
Edgar Allan Poe, Eleonora (1841)

"Those dreams that on the silent night intrude, and with false flitting shapes our minds delude ... are mere productions of the brain. And fools consult interpreters in vain."
Jonathan Swift, On Dreams

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

2 comments:

Cottage Collections said...

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog. I'd love for you to come join us at Make Mine Pink. We have a great group of girls.
Until you're ready to join.. come join the forum and meet everyone!

Joyce Lucas
Founder of Make Mine Pink

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Thank you for your visit to my blog today.. Your art is magical!
Jo-Anne