Monday, October 15, 2007

From here to there....

I've often wondered what made an artist an ARTIST. Back when I used to hide my art from people for fear of not being "good enough" or being viewed as crazy for wasting time on something so not "usual", I thought that the difference between me and an ARTIST was ....



1.) Schooling. Who knew that the majority of ARTISTS never took a class until they began sharing their art with the world?



2.) An innate ability to believe in themselves and to truly know deep within their souls that they weren't being "greedy" or selfish to want to create art, to carve time for it everyday.



3.) Effort. Creating art takes effort. For some artists it's an uncontrollable almost inconsolable NEED to create something. But it's still effort. I've always made the effort, but still thought my art wasn't good enough, creative enough........

I'm learning how to get from here to there....it's quite a journey.

No comments: