Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Kindergarten...WOW


My son started kindergarten last week. The bus stop was full of weeping moms and tearful goodbyes. But, as I stood there and realized that this was it.....that my baby was growing up, flying the coop...I looked down at him and he gave me the biggest smile ever. A smile that said, "Don't worry, mom. I can't wait to go. I'm going to have so much fun."

As the bus came around the corner, he jumped up and down and hugged me tight around my hips....."Bye, mom, I love you."

I didn't cry. Still haven't. I don't think I will, either. I thought I would, but as I watched him smile from the bus window and wave, I couldn't help but be proud and happy that my boy was on his way. On his way to himself. What a beautiful journey it is to grow up and get to know who you are, your wants and needs, your likes and dislikes. I'm 27 and I'm still learning about them everyday, and to be quite honest, it's wonderful.

No comments: